Kopa Naturals got it’s start when Heidi Buchanan (CEO) was 10 years old, during a science class. Heidi was asked by her teacher to come up with a science project that “created a reaction”. Her grandmother taught her how to handcraft soap. Kopa Naturals was born through the idea of a science project. Today Kopa Naturals is handcrafted in Westcliffe, Colorado with the dream of becoming a respected and appreciated household product name.
Kopa Naturals’ products are handcrafted from scratch using a cold process method. They are made with natural and raw ingredients. They are currently using formulas that were created exclusively for Kopa Naturals. The soap itself is hand poured and hand cut. Kopa Naturals got its name from the Hawaiian word Kopa, which translates to Soap. Their Purpose is to provide the highest quality of all natural products. They want you to look amazing, but also help you to feel great and healthy.
Kopa Naturals’ Six Special Ingredients;
When they say they use natural and raw ingredients, they mean it! Here are some of the healthy and natural ingredients found in Kopa Naturals products.
1) Coconut Oil – It is used to promote Lather in soaps and in gels. Coconut oil is wonderfully emollient and has cooling properties too! Not to mention the fragrance of the tropics.
2) Cocoa Butter – It is highly protective and acts as a water repellent. It contains about 5 IU of Vitamin E per ounce. Cocoa Butter softens and lubricates the skin. If it smells like chocolate to you, that is because it is the by-product from the manufacturing of cocoa and chocolate. It is used in skin care products to reduce dryness and improve skin flexibility.
3) Castor Oil – It is extracted from the seeds of Castor Plants. It is commonly used commercially in 50% of lipsticks sold in the United States. Castor Oil creates a protective barrier on the skin and is soothing, while adding a gloss to our lip balms!
4) Jojoba Oil – It is cold pressed from the nuts of the Jojoba Tree. Jojoba Oil is easily absorbed by the skin, providing all day moisture and protection. It is also a good treatment for acne as it fools the body into thinking it has already produced enough oil for the skin. Jojoba Oil is known to make your pores appear smaller and skin feeling more firm. Jojoba Oil acts as a barrier against environmental influences. It also is a great make-up remover. When applied to stretch marks and other scars it can reduce the redness.
5) Apricot Kernel Oil – Apricot Kernel Oil comes from the large pits of Apricots. The Oil is extremely nourishing to the skin. It is especially effective around the eyes and neck. Apricot Kernel Oil is an emollient. According to the AMA’s committee on the cutaneous health, it helps the skin feel softer and smoother. Apricot Kernel Oil also reduces redness, cracking and irritation. It may even retard the fine wrinkles of aging.
6) Avocado Oil – Avocado Oil is made from the pulp of the avocado fruit. It is rich, heavy and penetrating oil. It is full of nutritive and therapeutic components. It contains vitamins A, C, D and E. It has proteins, beta carotene, lecithin, fatty acids and the “youthful mineral” potassium. It contains plant steroids or sterolins. They soften the skin, have superior moisturizing effects on the upper layers of skin. It reduces scars. The sterolins in Avocado Oil has been found to diminish age spots.
Kopa Naturals is very proud of the high quality products we produce. Once you try them they are certain that you will enjoy and appreciate them as well.